by Jeffrey Lee |
September 30, 2016
Few weeks ago, we had debut the Women Skinny in 3 shades of Grey.
Today, let's talk more about the perennial raw version of the Charcoal Grey.
Its constructed with 13.50oz. Japanese rope-dyed redline selvedge denim from the legendary Kaihara Mill. The Skinny tailoring is as svelte as our indigo version, but you would feel the fabric weight difference right away when pulling this on the first time.
This denim would feel denser, more rigid w/ slightly less stretch. Riveted w/ matte black metallic burr and a flip-lock Swiss made premium RIRI zipper. The double-felled inseam is accent w/ a batch-specific carrot color thread to draw a sharp contrast w/ the grey tone.
Think of it as raw canvas; add your own personal touch to it by wearing the pair thru nights and days.
Like our regular collection, #165 pairs were made and hand stamped individually. Available now in our webshop and at our brick & mortar stockists.
Its Friday and its Oktoberfest!! Cheers and drink up everyone, 'til next week.
by Jade Lam |
September 23, 2016
A perfect pair of jeans can be a pretty serious investment- yet when it comes to taking care of these precious commodities, there seems to be a great deal of mystery. Use the machine, don’t use the machine, wash by hand, don’t ever wash—it can get really really confusing.
We’ve 8 truly useful tips including how to wash them, when you should wash them, and how to fold like ’em like a pro.
1. Serious denim heads know that raw denim (super-stiff jeans with no washes, fading, etc.) can take up to six months to break in and shouldn’t be washed until then. Why? Jeans really do conform to your body, and when you wash them, most of the shape is lost.
2. I understand 6 months is a long time, if your denim starts to smell, you can hang your jeans in the bathroom before a shower (the steam will freshen them up) or freezing them in a plastic bag for two days (yup, this one really works).
3. To prevent fading/ create fading, wash jeans inside out in cold water on the delicate cycle or by hand with Woolite. If you actually want denim to fade quickly, wash once in hot water.
4. Keep the denim color, add half a cup of distilled white vinegar to the final rinse cycle while doing laundry to maintain the wash of your favorite pair of dark jeans.
5. Air-dry denim pieces. If you have to use a machine, turn it to the lowest possible heat setting, and remove the jeans before they’re completely dry. Lay flat or hang upside down to dry.
6. How to fold jeans like a pro: Lay a pair on a flat surface, fold in half from left to right. Grab the stacked jean legs and fold them in half so the hems of the legs line up with the waistband. Fold the legs in half one more time.
7. Denim fibers need to breathe, so don’t pack folded pairs too tightly together on a shelf or hang denim jackets or vests in a crowded closet.
8. Jeans a bit too tight? Let them air dry, and tug the damp waistband by hand. For extra stretching, tug the damp band while blasting it with a hairdryer or going over it with a super-hot, steam-filled iron. It WORKS every time!!!
by Jeffrey Lee |
August 19, 2016
Grey is versatile.
It matches with anything quite effortlessly: whether to complete a pure noir look or as a neutral backdrop to accent that punchy color.
While Indigo will always held a special place in our palette, Grey is easily our 2nd go-to color. The real question is in which hue.
Dark smoke charcoal/ Leaden raven/ almost-Ash, are among our favorite Greys.
That's why at once, we have developed 3 distinct shades of Grey for our girl Skinny jeans. From Raw to Bleached, these are constructed from the same 13.50oz Japanese redline selvedge w/ a hint of stretch. Double-felled seam w/ a vibrant carrot thread color.
Summer is here, whether you are chilling at the beach or foraging in the woods, these grey jeans will be a perfect fit.
Grey Skinnies are now available in our webshop
by Jeffrey Lee |
July 15, 2016
Our jeans were made in small batches for limited production. Each pair is hand stamped and numbered on the front pocket. But only few may know there are other visual cues to indicate which batch it belongs. That batch-specific inseam and belt loop color is one of the feature.
We used both single-felled and double-felled inseam construction among our jeans. Single-felled for styles designed with a heritage look and double-felled for a clean sleek silhouette when cuff.
Hit us a note for inseam color suggestion for our next batches! It's Friday! Cheers everyone & 'till next week.
by Jeffrey Lee |
June 24, 2016
This is finally ready.
It won't be a total exaggeration if we are to say we had been working on this style for over a year. Life happens (quite literally) and usual procrastination aside, we had spent tremendous time to experiment w/ this stone-wash look & here's why:
When we launched Doublewood in '13, Raw Denim was our primary and only focus. We started w/ a pair of jeans with subtle details that we love, tailored in awesome Japanese selvedge denim fabrics, and crafted under supreme standard at our family-owned CN workshop.
That core concept will never change; but we have increasingly become insatiable to design with just the material in raw state.
To translate our thoughts w/ a foodie analogy: Sashimi is undoubtedly delicious, but we can't ignore the fact that there are many different ways to prep a fish dish. What about Cantonese style steamed fish? What about Brits Fish & Chips?
We are not interested to box Doublewood as just a 'Raw Denim Brand'. If labeling is mandated, we rather see Doublewood as a populists' brand.
For this Bleached Boyfriend Jeans, we envisioned a retro almost 80s MTV style type of stone wash. We worked very hard w/ our internal denim wash-house to get this exact color hue (consistently for the entire batch was the real challenge) and finesse the amount of abrasion to reveal the weft beneath. We even revisit all the minuscule details at seams and at the continuous fly to minimize the unwanted legacy wash crease marks.
And here at last, we think we got it.
If you are a bit too impatient towards raw denim, this is for you: Our Instant Snug Fit bleached Boyfriend jeans.
Without further ado, our long-awaited Bleached Boyfriend jeans is now officially available at our webshop
Its Friday! Time to hit that new Oaklnd beer garden. Till next week, cheers everyone!
p.s. Brexit happened!! That's genuinely unexpected. Embrace the uncertainty and keep calm! Although this possibly mark the end of the United Kingdom, geographically =)